Effective Time Management is important to achieve success during the Sales process. But there seems to be the problem faced by Sales rep daily while sending and replying Email. Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and email application, meantime as they are separate, sales rep have needed to move between them.
This blog will help you to integrate Outlook and Salesforce with the help of Lightning for Outlook. When you integrate Outlook and Salesforce, this will invest less energy entering information and flipping between the two frameworks. This enables the Sales team to increase their Sales. This likewise tracks imperative email discussions pertinent to Salesforce records. This will help to:
- Dispense with an opportunity to spend on copy information section into two frameworks.
- Access imperative Outlook Email messages and significant Salesforce records in a single place.
Lightning for Outlook has been totally updated to get the Lightning User Experience. As a user looks through their inbox, the cutting edge and natural UX makes it simple to see and connect with applicable experiences and applications. Also, the new search tool makes it simple to scan for Salesforce records inside Outlook.
Lightning for Outlook System Requirements
To integrate Outlook and Salesforce following are the requirements:
|Browser||Any of these browsers that allow cookies from Salesforce on Windows or Mac operating systems.
Step 1: Set Up Lightning for Outlook in Salesforce
From Salesforce setup, enter Lightning for Outlook in the Quick find Box, then select Lightning for Outlook (1). Enable Lightning for Outlook (2). Select your working environment Production/Sandbox (3).
Step 2: Set Up Lightning for Outlook in the Microsoft Outlook
- First, you need to add Lightning for Outlook extension to Microsoft Outlook from the store (1). Enter Lightning for Outlook in the search box (2) and Turn it On to enable it for Microsoft Outlook(3).
2. Now open your Outlook mailbox, click in an email (1). Next, click the Salesforce Cloud View Button (2). Finally, log in to your Salesforce Account by clicking on Log into Salesforce button (3).
3. To Login to your Salesforce Account enter your Salesforce credentials.
4. Enter Verification Code to verify your identity. Also, don’t miss to check the checkbox.
5. Click on Confirm.
6. Congratulations! Now your Outlook inbox is connected to your Salesforce account.
- Create records:
Open your outlook inbox and click on email record and then Salesforce cloud icon. It will show the Salesforce record present related to that email in side panel.
To create record related to email click on button. CREATE drop-down list will appear. For example, you received Opportunity from email then you click on the email and select New Opportunity from CREATE drop-down list.
To open the Salesforce record from browser click onicon.
- Relating Emails
Click on the up arrow next to a record to relate that email with Salesforce record. After clicking, an alert will appear and up arrow turn into a checkmark. To remove related email uncheck the checkbox.
You can relate email to multiple Contacts. But you cannot relate the same Email to different types of records like 1 with Account and the same with Opportunity.
Emailed Attachments also can be added to Salesforce. Make sure that checkbox has been checked before including the attachment. You will get Alert after relating it to record.
- Searching from Salesforce
You can search Salesforce record by entering search field inside search area. This will show TOP RESULTS like Account, Opportunity, Contact and Lead only. If you want to see results for other objects click on a MORE drop-down button.
Lightning for Outlook helps your sales reps to spend less time in switching between Salesforce and Microsoft Outlook & searching the Salesforce records within Outlook.